How do I get around London with kids?
Children from 11 years old upwards require their own Where Pass contactless Visa debit card and will need to tap in and out at each station. If you are visiting London with children aged 11 or over you must order each child their own card.
Children aged between 0 and 11 may travel across the transport network free of charge. In order to pass through the ticket booths at stations, you need to find a TfL member of staff located at every booth and request access for your child.
If you will be travelling outside central London's Tube network, you may wish to use National Rail services. Under 11s can travel free on the following National Rail services if they are accompanied by an adult who is using Where Pass London:
- Watford Junction to Euston (London Midland)
- Amersham to Marylebone (Chiltern)
- Finsbury Park to King's Cross/Moorgate (First Capital Connect)
- Stratford to Liverpool Street (Abellio Greater Anglia)
- Tottenham Hale/Seven Sisters to Stratford (Abellio Greater Anglia)
- Tottenham Hale/Seven Sisters to Liverpool Street (Abellio Greater Anglia)
- Upminster to Fenchurch Street/Liverpool Street via Barking (but not at Forest Gate/Maryland (c2c)
- Watford Junction to Clapham Junction (Southern)
- West Hampstead Thameslink to Moorgate/Elephant & Castle/London Bridge (First Capital Connect)
- West Ruislip to South Ruislip (Chiltern)
How much does transport cost?